Jul 2, 2015

Soda Gembira

I don't always drink soda, in a year I only drink it once or twice and this is my first soda this year. When the craving hits me (any kind, really), I'll always try to fulfill it because I know that I'll be cranky all day if I can't get to eat or drink what I'm craving for.

Nothing too fancy about this drink, it's actually a classic and simple soda mix most Indonesians know. I remember how my mom used to have it in our café's menu when I was a kid. All you have to prepare are ice cubes, soda (or fruit flavored soda), & sweetened condensed milk, and some fresh fruit chunks if you want to add a little more awesomeness in your glass. It's sweet and a little bit creamy (almost like cream soda) and it can be your new favorite summer drink.

Sounds so easy and fun? Alright, let's try to make it!

Happy Soda
by Rina Laurence
Ingredients:
  • 10 fl oz (300 ml) strawberry flavored carbonated drink
  • 6 Tbsp sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 full glass of ice cubes
  • fresh young coconut skin
Instructions:
  1. Put ice cubes in 2 glasses
  2. Add 3Tbsp of condensed milk in each glass
  3. Pour in the carbonated drink
  4. Top with coconut skin.
Note:
  • This drink contains high level of sugar (thanks to the sweetened condensed milk and the carbonated drink), so... it's not recommended to be enjoyed too often
  • Not recommended for kids!


0 replies:

Post a Comment

Have you got any question(s) related to the recipe above? Don't hesitate to shoot it here! [Comments are moderated to keep this blog spam and troll free]